What is the User Choice Program?
The User Choice 2017-20 program provides a public funding contribution by the Queensland Government, towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. User Choice student contribution fees are reviewed annually by the Queensland Government and may be altered at their discretion, through the duration of your training.
User Choice Student Contribution Fees:
Concession: $0.64 per nominal hour (40% of the non-concessional amount)
Non-concession: $1.60 per nominal hour
The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred registered training organisation (RTO) from a list of pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs.
For more information on User Choice funding and eligibility contact us on 3277 8646 or visit: https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/providers/funded/userchoice
CSQ (Construction Skills Queensland)
Who is CSQ and how can they help me?
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
CSQ can help you connect with the skills and training you need. We know how important it is to invest in your skills, so it’s our mission to make it easier for you.
Eligible participants under this program:
- must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa
- permanently reside in Queensland; or
- be permanently employed in Queensland
- a current active apprentice or trainee in Queensland as defined in the Further Education and Training Act 2014 undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeships or traineeship; or
- an existing worker or unemployed eligible worker in the first year out of their CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineeship who must commence training within 365 days of the completion date in DELTA; or
- a cancelled apprentice or trainee who was undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineeship that has been cancelled and they are currently accessing State Government funding to complete their institution-based training
- an employee of any Authority (excluding employees of an Indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor); or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or existing worker of an RTO; or
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program.
keep up to date with mpa
Building 7, Gate 3
The Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury QLD 4107
300 S Pine Rd, Brendale QLD 4500
Contact Details and Operating Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
p: (07) 3277 8646
Master Painters Decorators & Signwriters' Association of Queensland Union of Employers
RTO No. 30048